Red Wine and White Wine Dressing (Vinaigrette) have been used for centuries to dress salads of all kinds.
These salad dressing recipes were among the first types ever
prepared. Over the centuries many of the old recipes were adjusted to
include newer ingredients and to provide more variety.
The basic ingredients of any red or white wine dressing are wine vinegar, a really good oil (such as olive oil) and salt (or pepper). From these basics you can add herbs and spices to create new flavours.
All vinaigrettes are a simple salad dressing and are easily and quickly prepared.
1. Whisk together the white wine vinegar, the mustard and garlic until everything is well blended.
2. Add the oil slowly, a bit at a time, whisking vigorously until smooth.
3. Taste test and add the salt and pepper according to your preference.
3. This dressing will keep, stored in the refrigerator in tightly sealed container, for up to 1 week.
YIELD: Makes about 2/3 cup (160 ml) of white wine vinaigrette dressing
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) red wine vinegar
• 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) black pepper
• 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1/2 clove crushed garlic (optional)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar with a tightly fitting lid. (I often use a small mason jar)
2. Tighten the lid and shake vigorously for about 1 minute before serving.
3. Store any unused portions of this red wine vinaigrette in the refrigerator.
Yield: This red wine recipe makes about 2 cups of dressing
Note: - you will need to re-shake this dressing again before use.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world