This refreshing and simple watermelon salad recipe is perfect for that summer afternoon BBQ or picnic. With only 3 ingredients, it can be whipped up quickly – and it will disappear just as quick.
Watermelon is full of water and that is what everyone needs on a hot day to ward off dehydration.
We only want so much tasteless water to drink and sugared pop is definitely a no-no. (Sugared pop only makes you thirstier).
That is why “eating” your water is so much better and tastier too.
• 2 cup (500 ml) watermelon pieces (bite-sized)
(Approximately 2 - 1” slices or ¼ watermelon)
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) goat’s cheese feta – crumbled
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh mint
1. Prepare recipe ingredients as per above list
2. Divide watermelon pieces equally into 4 individual bowls
3. Sprinkle crumbled feta over top of watermelon
4. Garnish your Watermelon Salad with chopped mint
5. Serve immediately or refrigerate
Recipe Yield: This Watermelon Recipe serves 4
1. Crumbled Feta cheese can be substituted for the Goat’s cheese Feta, although I personally find the Goat's Cheese creamier and more flavourful.
2. Basil can be substituted for the mint, if you are fond of basil.
3. Watermelon has many nutritious benefits besides being a thirst quencher. It contains Vitamin C and many other minerals which our bodies need, especially in the hot summer months, to stay healthy and active.
1. Wipe the outside of the watermelon down with a clean wet cloth and dry with paper towels before cutting.
2. Cut a whole watermelon into 4 quarters and then slice. This makes the job much easier.
3. Trim the rind and any white off the red/pink parts and discard.
4. Lay the trimmed slice flat and slice into cubes.
5. Once watermelon has been cut open - ALL parts must be refrigerated.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world