A Valentine Parfait Recipe isn't just for Valentine Day. This easy fruit parfait recipe is good anytime of year.
Parfait recipes are a simple salad recipe and present well and this Valentine one is no exception.
A slice of angle food cake, fresh strawberries, vanilla pudding and some whipped cream is all it takes.
You can dress it up a bit more by adding some chocolate shavings or sprinkles to the top. This is one recipe that your kids could make as a nice surprise for Mother's Day.
1. In a small mixing bowl, gently fold the vanilla pudding with the whipped cream.
2. In 2 parfait glasses or large wine glasses, place 1/4 of the cake bits in the bottom of each glass.
3. Add 1/4 of the berries and 1/4 of the pudding mixture.
4. Repeat the layers a second time.
5. Top with a small whole strawberry.
6. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Yield: This Valentine recipe makes 2 servings.
- that Strawberries contain a large number of nutrients, with vitamin C at the top of the list.
- that they also contain high levels of antioxidants, which help prevent cell damage.
- that strawberries are also high in many other vitamins and minerals.
- that strawberries will not continue to ripen after being picked, so always choose the ripe, red strawberries.
- medium sized strawberries have more flavour and are sweeter than large ones.
- that fresh strawberries will keep in the fridge for only a few days before they begin to lose their vitamin value.
- that strawberries are an international Valentine symbol
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.