This Tuna Tomato Salad Recipe has just a few simple ingredients and you can have a really healthy and hearty meal in no time. This Tuna with Tomato recipe great alternative to sandwiches for lunch or a nice light dinner.
The perfect combination of protein with Omega 3 from the tuna, the tomato provides
fiber and loads of vitamins, the lettuce adds more fiber and minerals, which all together
creates a heart healthy simple salad.
The light vinaigrette dressing enhances the flavour of the tuna and tomato.
I used arugula for the lettuce to take advantage of the slight peppery flavour with the tuna and tomato. It made a great combination.
This simple salad recipe is exceptional when served with garlic bread on the side.
Salad Recipe Ingredients:
• 1 can Tuna (flaked in water) – drained
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 medium tomato – cut into 8 wedges
• 1 cup (240 ml) lettuce (romaine, iceberg, arugula or spring mix)
Dressing Recipe Ingredients:
• 4 tsp. (20 ml) vinegar
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 tsp. (5 ml) sugar
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
• 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
1. Place the tuna in a small bowl and break apart with a fork. Add the mayonnaise and mix well.
2. In another small bowl or jar (with a tight fitting lid) put all the dressing ingredients and either stir well to combine or shake well. Taste test and adjust the salt & pepper accordingly.
3. Assemble the salad with the lettuce on the bottom – the tomato wedges around the edge and the tuna in the center.
4. Drizzle the dressing over the tomato wedges and tuna.
Recipe Yield: This Tuna with Tomato recipe serves 2
You will probably not need all of the dressing. Keep left-overs in the refrigerator tightly sealed.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world