This Traditional Beet Salad Recipe was contributed by Eric from Stirling, Ontario, Canada. It came from his German Grandmother who made it every fall when the beets were harvested.
"This simple traditional vegetable salad recipe was brought from Southern Germany to Eastern Ontario in the early 1900's when my grandmother immigrated to Canada.
It has been in the family going on 4 generations now, and remains unchanged as a simple salad recipe and still loved by all who eat it. A real traditional recipe."
1. Boil beets until tender - let cool - remove skins & slice
2. Prepare traditional dressing in a separate bowl.
3. Add dressing ....stir twice over a 24 hr span (12 Hrs refrigerated period) and serve.
KEEPS FOR ABOUT 4 Days.
For the best flavour this traditional beet salad needs to "sit", refrigerated, for at least 24 hours before serving.
- that a beet and it's juice can help beat cancer.
- that each beet contains iron and can therefore help people with iron deficiency.
- that eating beets can prevent anemia.
- that beets can help ward off infections in the urinary tract
- that eating a beet regularly can help to pass kidney stones
- that with all the vitamins and minerals in beets that they help you to maintain complete health.
- that beets are high in fiber
- that beets can help to lower the "bad" cholesterol.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.