This Sweet Sesame Dressing is very quick and easy to prepare. It is also a very tasty simple dressing recipe. The Asian flavour of the sesame seeds with a subtle kick from the hot mustard creates a pleasant tasting salad topper.
How sweet is sweet - as sweet as you want it. You control the amount of sugar in this dressing recipe (you could even substitute an artificial sweetener), so you can make it as sweet as you like.
This simple dressing recipe is not a classic vinaigrette since the dressing is fairly thick which makes it all the better to stick to your lettuce.
I also enjoy this sweet dressing on my barbecued chicken and the sesame flavour goes well on many other simple vegetable and pasta recipes.
1. Combine all the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds, in a food processor.
2. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. Stir the sesame seeds in last.
4. Taste test - adjust the dressing to your level of sweet
4. Cover and store your sweet sesame seed dressing in the refrigerator.
Yield: This sweet dressing with sesame seeds makes about 2 cups (480 ml)
- that sesame seeds contain a high amount of copper which can help relieve arthritis
- that sesame seeds have lots of magnesium which helps prevent airway blocking in asthma spasms.
- that sesame seeds can help lower cholesterol levels which then reduces the risk for strokes and heart attacks
- that sesame seeds have lots of calcium which helps ward off colon cancer.
- that the calcium in sesame seeds also helps prevent bone loss due to osteoporosis.
- that sesame seeds can boost your immune system to fight off colds and flues.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world