This Strawberry Lo-Cal Parfait Recipe is just perfect for breakfast or for a snack at any time of day.
It also makes a great looking and tasting dessert.
By using low fat yogurt and sugar-free strawberry jam, there is no weight gain from this simple fruit parfait recipe. It is truly lo-cal.
Since low fat yogurt and fresh strawberries are healthy alternatives to other possible snack or dessert choices - you just might eat this strawberry parfait more often.
The strawberry fruit and strawberry jam ingredients in this simple parfait recipe can be substituted by peach, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry or just your favourite fresh fruit with a sugar-free jam.
By using fresh fruits that are in season, you can make many variations of this simple lo-cal fruit dessert parfait recipe. In winter, when fresh fruit is high priced, opt for frozen fruit, to get the most nutritional lo-cal value.
1. Place 4 tbsp (60 ml) of fat free vanilla Greek yogurt into a tall wine or parfait glass.
2. Layer 2 tbsp (30 ml) of sugar free (lo-cal) jam across the top.
3. Layer another 4 tbsp (60 ml) of fat-free yogurt over the jam.
4. Add the fresh strawberry slices and another 4 tbsp (60 ml) of yogurt.
Yield: Makes 1 lo-cal strawberry parfait
This easy lo-cal strawberry recipe can be doubled or tripled or even quadrupled - depending on how many parfait you wish to make.
- that Greek yogurt has much more protein than regular yogurt and a consistency that's closer to that of cream cheese.
- that yogurt is rich in many vitamins and minerals such as: protein, calcium, riboflavin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- that yogurt can be enjoyed by people who are lactose-intolerant without side effects
- that yogurt can prevent some forms of diarrhea caused by bacterial infections.
- that yogurt can help your body clean up a number of gastrointestinal conditions.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.