This Spinach Pasta Shrimp Salad is easy to prepare and has very few calories. This salad can be used as a Summer entrée, all by itself, or as an elegant appetizer. It is ready in less than 30 minutes, if you use prepackaged baby spinach.
This is one healthy salad that can be easily made any time of year. The essential vitamins and oils from the shrimp, along with the spinach, pasta and cheese – provide 5 of your required Food Pyramid foods all in one meal.
Check your grocery flyers for frozen small shrimp or canned shrimp on sale and stock up on a few extra. Then you will be prepared to make this elegant healthy salad anytime.
You will notice in the picture that I added some Arugula to the Spinach mix. That was for a little more flavour and chewiness. Arugula has a slight peppery flavour and is chewier than most other salad lettuces and blends well with the spinach.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente – drain & rinse under cold water.
2. In an large serving bowl combine cooked pasta, shrimp, spinach and sweet pepper. Drizzle with the salad dressing. Toss to coat.
3. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Top with cheese and dill (if using).
5. Serve this spinach with pasta and shrimp salad with extra dressing alongside.
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.