This Spinach Deviled Eggs Recipe is a really great appetizer for any event or gathering. The mild spinach flavour with the slightly sweet and slightly tangy dressing mix is a perfect recipe combination.
The addition of butter to the yolk spinach mixture creates a very creamy rich paste.
The vinegar gives this recipe a slight tang.
The sugar tempers all of the recipe ingredients.
• 12 hard-boiled eggs
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) vinegar
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine - softened
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) pepper
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) frozen chopped spinach - thawed & squeezed dry
• 4 strips bacon - cooked & crumbled OR 4 tbsp (60 ml) bacon bits
1. Squeeze the thawed spinach as dry as possible.
2. Crack the eggs and remove the shells.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the eggs in half - lengthwise.
4. Remove the yolks and put them in a small bowl. Put the whites on a plate.
5. Add the mayonnaise, vinegar, butter, sugar and pepper to the egg yolks and mix all together to form a smooth paste.
6. Add the chopped spinach and bacon bits. Blend everything together.
7. Taste test your spinach recipe mixture - adjust seasonings
8. Using a small spoon or melon baller, place the spinach recipe mixture into the egg whites.
Recipe Yield: 24 spinach deviled eggs