A Spicy deviled eggs recipe is just what it says - spicy. With the addition of a few "hot" ingredients, the lowly eggs are turned into a spicy appetizer.
This spicy deviled recipe is particularly enjoyed at picnics, BBQs, Superbowl Games, and other festivities where hot and spicy foods predominate.
Don't be discouraged by the long ingredients list for this recipe. It all goes together pretty quickly and is definitely worth the time.
This spicy deviled recipe is always a hit at every party it goes to.
• 6 hard boiled eggs
• 1 tbsp. (15 ml) fresh parsley - chopped fine
• 1 tbsp. (15 ml) scallions - minced
• 1 small jalapeno pepper – seeded and diced
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) Mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
• 1 tsp. (5 ml) Dijon mustard
• pinch cayenne pepper
• pinch chili powder
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) salt
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) paprika
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) horseradish (creamy type)
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) celery seed
1. Crack and remove the shells from the eggs and discard the shells.
2. Using a sharp knife, hold the eggs and cut the eggs in half, lengthwise.
3. Remove the yolks carefully and set aside the white parts.
4. In a small bowl blend the egg yolks with the mayonnaise and mustard into a smooth consistency. Use a fork for this so you can mash any lumps.
5. Add all other ingredients and mix together.
6. Using a teaspoon, spoon
1 teaspoon of this recipe mixture into each egg half, pressing lightly to give a rounded effect. Alternatively, you can use an icing piping bag or cut the end off a baggie and then squeeze the mixture into the whites.
Because of all the spices contained in this spicy recipe, garnishing the tops is not required or recommended.