This Simple German Potato Salad Recipe was contributed by Eric from Stirling, Ontario, Canada
This simple German salad recipe calls for a nice light vinaigrette dressing instead of a heavy mayo dressing.
The sweetness, yet tartness of the dressing suits the bland flavour of
the potato very well. This German salad recipe is a refreshing change
from the creamy versions.
Optional additions such as bacon pieces, parsley or cilantro can be used to "Dress" up this simple German salad recipe even more.
German Dressing Ingredients:
1. In a large bowl, put the potato cubes or slices, and other recipe ingredients. Mix together gently.
2. In a separate bowl - mix all the dressing ingredients together. Taste test for sweetness - add more sugar if desired.
3. Pour the German style dressing over the potato salad & mix again - gently.
Yield: Serves 4
This German style potato salad can be served warm or cold. Many German people serve it while it is still warm, however it is just as tasty served cold.
- that potatoes originated from Central and South America
- that potatoes belong to the "root" vegetable family, which means that we eat the roots not the leaves.
- that there are over 5 thousand potato varieties.
- that potatoes have lots of Vitamin C which we need to ward off colds and flues.
- that potatoes are heart healthy vegetables and can help lower cholesterol.
- that potatoes have lots of potassium which can help lower blood pressure.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.