A Savoury Deviled Eggs Recipe uses herbs to flavour the yolks. In this recipe we use the herb "dill". We also add a touch of wine vinegar and Dijon mustard to the yolks. It really accents the dill very well and turns out quite savoury.
These savoury little gems taste as good as they look. The dill certainly awakens the flavour combination in this recipe.
• 6 hard-boiled eggs
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 tsp (5 ml) white wine vinegar
• 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) dill weed - diced OR paste
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) garlic powder
• Salt to taste
• Fresh dill sprigs & paprika for garnish
1. Peel the eggs - discard the shells. Cut the eggs lengthwise, in half.
2. Remove the egg yolks carefully and place them in a small bowl. Set the whites on a plate or platter.
3. Mix the mayonnaise, white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard with the egg yolks. Use a fork to mash up any lumps.
4. Add the dill and garlic powder - mix well.
5. Taste test the savoury recipe mixture- add the salt and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
6. Using a kitchen teaspoon - place a heaped spoonful of the savoury recipe mixture into the egg whites. Press down lightly to get that rounded look.
7. Garnish with sprigs of fresh dill and paprika.
Recipe Yield: 12 Savoury Deviled Eggs