Salmon Salad Sandwiches is an easy way to get the benefits of this nutrient rich seafood and is a very healthy alternative to processed lunch meats.
We are all being told to consume more fish in our diets but we certainly don't want fish for every meal.
Here is a basic salmon sandwiches salad with a list of optional ingredients to create your own simple salad recipe.
By varying the ingredients you can change the flavours so it tastes different every time.
Choosing different breads can have a large impact on the taste of your sandwiches as well - such as the pumpernickel below.
Salmon Sandwiches Recipe Ingredients:
Salmon Sandwiches Recipe Method:
1. Drain the canned salmon - place salmon in a small bowl and break apart
2. Add the other ingredients
3. Mix well
Salmon Sandwiches Recipe Yield: 2 thick sandwiches
Salmon Sandwiches Recipe Optional Ingredients
diced green onion
squirt of lemon juice
diced sweet peppers
Salmon in a salad form also makes great looking & great tasting canapes. Like the picture on the right - they sure look tempting.
- that salmon is high in protein.
- that salmon has lots of Omega 3
- that salmon has lots of Vitamin D as well
- that salmon has lots of other vitamins like B12, niacin, selenium, and B6
- that salmon has lots of magnesium and calcium
- that wild salmon is higher than "farmed" fish in vitamin and mineral content
- that most canned salmon is the wild fish.
- that canned salmon is just as good for you as fresh.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world