This rich yet simple Roasted-Garlic dressing recipe is perfectly suited for romaine lettuce. It is thick enough to cling to the leaves and yet spiced enough to hold your interest.
Although there is quite a bit of roasted garlic - the flavour isn't over
powering. The Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice tone down the roasted garlic.
This dressing can be served on any simple salad recipe, although I prefer it on a heavier type of lettuce such as romaine.
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mashed roasted-garlic, mayonnaise, buttermilk, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Taste test - add salt & pepper and adjust seasonings
3. Store in a tightly sealed container (I use mason jars)in the refrigerator. Will keep for 5 - 6 days.
Yield: Makes about 1 3/4 cups
To Make Roasted-Garlic Cloves:
1. Snip the tops off each clove, set it on a square of tin foil - drizzle each clove with olive oil. Wrap the foil up and seal.
2. Roast the cloves in a pre-heated oven at 400* for 45 minutes. Allow to cool down a bit.
Carefully (they're hot) remove the roasted-garlic cloves from the foil and holding
each one upside down, squeeze the pulp into a bowl. When all are
squeezed out - mash the pulp with a fork.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.