This Rice Berry Recipe combines a creamy rice pudding with either a fresh or frozen mixture of berry in this rice dessert recipe. It can therefore be made year-round.
For this simple salad recipe, I used left-over rice from dinner the night before.
(Whenever I cook plain rice, I always cook twice as much so that I have left-overs for rice pudding.)
By using pre-cooked rice, the creation of this easy fruit and rice dessert becomes a lot quicker.
This berry dessert does not need to be served in parfait glasses unless you choose to do so - a simple scoop of rice pudding in a bowl, topped with a mixture of berry is easier and just as tasty.
1. Put the rice, milk, sugar and cinnamon in a pot and over medium heat, cook until desired consistency is achieved - stirring constantly. Remove from heat & cool.
2. Prepare the berries.
3. In 4 parfait or large wine glasses - place 1/4 cup (60 ml) of rice in the bottoms. Layer 1/4 of the strawberries next. Place another layer of rice pudding and top with the rasp berry and black berry.
4. To dress it up - you can add dollop of whipped cream.
Yield: Serves 4
Frozen berries can be used in place of fresh berries.
- that rice provides fast and instant energy.
- that eating rice enhances good bowel movement.
- that it can stabilize blood sugar levels
- that it provides an essential source of vitamin B1 to the human body.
- that other benefits to including it in your diet are skin care, resistance to high blood pressure, resistance to dysentery and resistance to heart diseases.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.