A RedWhiteBlue Parfait Recipe is perfect for July 4 celebrations or anytime throughout the year. This parfait recipe uses fresh berries and vanilla pudding for a healthy and colourful dessert.
It is a very quick and easy fruit parfait recipe to make and presents well in a glass where company can see the redwhiteblue layers.
I highly recommend the Oregon blueberries if you can get them, otherwise any other type will also do. When choosing fresh strawberries - pick medium sized ripe red ones. These will be the sweeter ones.
This simple parfait recipe and with it's redwhiteblue layers is a great party pleaser and is enjoyed by all ages.
RedWhiteBlue Recipe Ingredients:
1. Pick over the berries and discard any rotten or badly bruised ones. Gently place the berries in a colander and run cold water over them to clean any dirt off. Allow to drain.
2. Wash the strawberries in another colander. Remove them to some paper toweling and pat dry. Remove the stems and slice the strawberries in half and then set them aside.
3. Prepare the pudding according to the package directions. (this can be done a day ahead)
4. To assemble the redwhite blue layers put a layer of sliced strawberries in the bottom of the parfait glasses.
5. Top this with a layer of pudding, carefully spreading it out evenly.
6. Place a layer of blueberries on top of the pudding.
7. Top with a generous dollop of pudding.
8. Garnish your redwhiteblue parfaits with chocolate shavings or whipped topping.
1. On the 4th of July Americans can decorate each parfait with tiny American flags.
2. You can substitute vanilla yogurt for the pudding.
RedWhiteBlue Recipe Yield: This parfait recipe makes 4 to 6 servings.
- that fresh blueberries contain antioxidants that are responsible for the blue color. These are important since they can help lower the risk of certain diseases such as cancer and heart
- that by just adding 1/2 cup of blueberries to your daily menu that you would double your body’s antioxidant level.
- that fresh blueberries contain vitamin C which helps to fight off colds and flues.
- that blueberries contain no fat, cholesterol or sodium.
- that fresh blueberries contain some important minerals such as iron and potassium
- that blueberries are a good dietary fiber source.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world