In this recipe for 4 Bean Rice Salad, you can use up any left-over beans from a previous meal or just open a
few cans of your favourite ones.
1. Prepare all salad ingredients as outlined in Ingredients and place into a medium sized bowl. Stir to mix all the ingredients and to break up any lumps of rice.
2. In a separate small bowl or jar – combine the dressing ingredients. Either whisk or shake to combine the ingredients. Immediately (before it separates) pour the dressing over the bean & rice combination and stir salad to combine.
3. Serve or refrigerate til needed.
Yield: Serves 6 - 8
1. I also added a few spoons of left-over corn kernels - just to use them up.
2. If you are going to let it sit for awhile before eating - you may need to add more dressing since the rice will absorb some of it.
3. I prefer to make this recipe for 4 bean rice salad a day ahead and leave it in the frig overnight to meld all the flavours together.
4. You can use any combination of beans, or just 1 type of bean, if you prefer.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world