This Potato Mushroom Salad Recipe has more ingredients than just a mushroom. The other ingredients in this easy and simple salad recipe make it distinct. BUT - for the best flavour - this salad should be made a day ahead - to allow the flavours to blend together.
The sweetness of the red peppers and the peas go very nicely with the
sharp cheddar cheese. The garnish of dill compliments the eggs and
dresses up the dish.
This simple potato salad recipe is perfect for those outdoor BBQ's or neighbourhood get-togethers.
• 4 large potatoes
• 4 large eggs
• 1 pkg. Button Mushroom – washed & dried
• 1 sweet red pepper – seeded & diced
• 1 can Sweet Peas – drained
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) Cheddar Cheese - grated
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp (30 ml) mustard
• 2 tsp (10 ml) sugar
• 1 small onion – diced
• 6 tbsp (60 ml) real mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) warm water
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) dill weed - for garnish (optional)
1. Put the potatoes and eggs into a Dutch oven or large pot. Cover with cold water and then bring the water to a boil on high heat. Continue to cook until the potatoes are done.
2. Immediately drain off the hot water and rinse the potatoes and eggs under cold water. Allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile - prepare the remaining vegetables.
4. When the potatoes can be handled – peel them and then slice or cube them into a large bowl.
5. Peel and dice the eggs and add them to the potatoes.
6. Add the onions, mushrooms, red pepper, peas and cheese. Stir gently to mix.
7. Add the water, sugar, mayonnaise, and mustard. Stir to thoroughly combine everything.
8. Taste test – adjust with salt & pepper.
9. Store your Potato Mushroom Salad creation, covered, in the refrigerator until needed.
Yield: This Potato Mushroom recipe serves 8
1. You may need more mayonnaise depending on the size of your potatoes.
2. Stir the salad before serving – it may need a bit more mayonnaise or water. Some potatoes absorb more liquid than others.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.