This simple Potato Egg Salad Recipe can be prepared a day in advance
to simplify your work load. It keeps well, covered in the refrigerator.
In fact – it tastes better the next day because the flavours have had a
chance to blend together.The addition of egg adds some protein to the mix.
The radishes and celery lend some crunch to the otherwise soft textures of the potato and egg, as well as impart some flavour to the mayonnaise.
The addition of the sugar and vinegar gives it a bit of a sweet yet sour taste that is extremely good.
This easy salad recipe is a healthy alternative to other choices and makes a great side dish for BBQ’s.
• 6 large white potatoes
• 6 large eggs
• 6 radishes – washed, dried and diced
• 2 stalks celery – washed, dried and diced
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) vinegar
• 2 tsp sugar
• 1 small onion – diced
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) real mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) warm water
1. Place the potatoes and gently add each egg to a large pot. Cover with cold water and then bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to boil until the potatoes are tender.
2. Immediately drain and rinse under cold running water. Allow to cool.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining vegetables.
4. Once the potatoes can be handled – peel them and then slice or cube them into a large bowl.
5. Peel and dice each egg and add them into the bowl.
6. Add the onions, radishes and celery. Stir gently to mix.
7. Add the water, mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Stir to combine everything thoroughly.
8. Taste test – adjust the salt and pepper.
9. Cover and store in the refrigerator until needed.
Recipe Yield: This Potato egg recipe serves 10 - 12
1. You may need more or less mayonnaise depending on the size of your potatoes.
2. Stir the potato with egg salad after removing it from the frig. – it may need more mayonnaise or water. Some types of potatoes absorb more liquid than others.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world