This Peachy Rice Recipe is very quick to make using canned peaches and pre-cooked rice. It can even be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated.
This very flavourful peachy fruit salad recipe has sugar and cinnamon for
sweetness and spice. The cinnamon compliments the peaches very well.
I have made this rice dessert recipe in parfait glasses so you can see the layers but you can just serve it in a bowl if you choose.
Either way, this simple peachy salad recipe - still tastes great and is healthy for you too.
1. Place the precooked rice, milk, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan and over medium-low heat - stirring to break up any lumps - heat til the rice pudding achieves a nice creamy consistency. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL. WATCH FOR SCORCHING.
2. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Drain peaches. (reserve the liquid for another use or simply drink it as a fruit juice) Pick out 4 larger pieces to save for the very top.
4. To assemble the parfaits - place 3 tbsp (45 ml) of rice pudding in the bottom of each of 4 parfait glasses - layer 1 heaping tbsp of peaches on top.
5. Repeat with the rice pudding and peaches. For the last layer use the remaining rice pudding divided somewhat equally among the 4 glasses.
6. Add a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with the 4 reserved peach pieces. You could also add a light sprinkle of cinnamon.
Yield: This peachy rice serves 4
If you choose to serve this peachy rice pudding in bowls - skip steps 4 & 5.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.