These Oriental Noodle Salads will have you eating at home instead of getting Chinese take-out.
All 3 of these simple Oriental recipes have all the flavour of the restaurant versions and MORE.
These are just simple Oriental noodle recipes that can easily be prepared at home.
If you can't find Oriental noodle packages at your grocers, just substitute spaghetti or linguine.
They are also great for BBQ's and potluck dinners.
Amaze your friends and family with these simple Oriental noodle recipes.
1. In a small bowl, and using a wire whisk, blend the vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, chili paste, garlic and ginger together. Taste test and adjust seasonings.
2. Remove the strings from the peas and blanch them in a small pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse them under cold running water. Dry them by patting them with some paper towels and then cut them into bite sized pieces.
3. Put the peas, green onions and red peppers into a medium sized bowl.
4. Cook the Oriental noodle package according to the package directions. Drain and rinse them immediately under cold running water. Drain and then pat them dry. Add these to the mixing bowl.
5. Add the dressing, peanuts and cilantro and toss until all ingredients are thoroughly coated.
6. Serve at room temperature
NOTE Spaghetti or linguine noodle can be used instead of Oriental noodle.
1. Slice & dice the cabbage. Slice the onions, drain the water chestnuts, dice the celery and break up the noodle into bite sized pieces.
2. Put all the above ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Add the tuna or chicken (if using), and mix well.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients until well blended and the sugar is dissolved. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture just before serving and toss to mix
This salad is better if
prepared a day in advance and refrigerated over-night. PERFECT for
preparing for a potluck or neighbourhood BBQ.
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside
.2. In a medium sized bowl, mix all the salad ingredients together until well mixed.
3. Add the dressing and toss to coat all the ingredients evenly.
Enjoy your Oriental Noodle Recipes
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world