This Mixed Fruit Parfait Recipe uses a variety of fresh fruit, tapioca pudding and chopped nuts. The nuts give a nice flavour and crunch to the soft textured mixed fruit, which is complimented by the creamy tapioca.
healthy simple fruit parfait can be eaten as an alternative to a
snack, for breakfast, or as a dessert after a heavy meal.
I have pictured this simple salad recipe in a wine glass, as a parfait, so you can see the layers - but it can easily be served in a bowl, layering the ingredients the same way.
1. Prepare the tapioca pudding according to the package instructions if not already done. Set aside in refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile prepare the mixed fruit - washing, peeling and dicing. Put them all in a bowl and mix together.
3. In the bottom of 4 large wine glasses, parfait cups or bowls, put 1/4 of the tapioca pudding.
4. Next - layer a generous 1/4 of the fruit over the pudding.
5. Sprinkle 1 tbsp (15 ml) of chopped nuts over the top of each glass or bowl.
6. Serve your mixed parfait immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Yield: This parfait recipe makes 4 servings
1. Since it is nearly impossible to purchase 1/4 of a fruit - you will have a lot left-over. Store it in the refrigerator for a nice mixed fruit salad the next day.
2. For a quick way to prepare these and without all the left-overs - you can purchase a fresh mixed fruit salad from your produce department. A small size salad will be sufficient to make 4 parfait.