The four summer berries in this Mixed Berry Salad Recipe are so luscious and juicy that it is hard to stop eating them.
This sweet mixed berry dish combined with the tarter pineapple pieces creates a truly tasty treat in this simple salad recipe.
Add an angel food cup, and top the mixed berries with some vanilla yogurt - it is a real dessert.
Any type of berry is extremely healthy for you too and so is low-fat yogurt. So here you have a simple salad recipe for a dessert which you can eat or serve to your family "guilt-free".
So grab the bowls and start preparing!
1. Prepare the berries by washing them in a colander - allow then to drain - then place them on multiple layers of paper toweling - gently roll them around to dry.
2. Cut the pineapple and strawberries into small bite sized pieces.
3. Mix all the berry and pineapple pieces together - gently.
4. Place an angel food cup in the bottom of 4 bowls. Add 1/4 of the mixed fruit. Top with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of yogurt. (or more if you prefer.)
5. Serve your mixed berry recipe immediately or store in the refrigerator until needed.
Yield: This mixed berry recipe serves 4
- that a blue berry, a rasp berry and a straw berry are a all good sources of Vitamin C and soluble fiber.
- that blueberries have the highest anti oxidant capacity of all fresh fruit.
- that the soluble fiber found in a berry helps to lower cholesterol.
- that any berry is lower in carbohydrates compared to other fruits.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.