The ingredients in this Mexican Taco Salad Recipe are not surprising.The Mexican people utilized the two main food staples that they had and incorporated them into many meals, such as this simple salad recipe.
The Mexican peoples were the first to raise corn as a food staple and they
used it for a number of things such as: flour, a corn drink, corn to eat
and incorporated it into their vegetable salad recipes.
They also grew beans for food, which helped replace meat which was scarcer. Therefore most Mexican dishes incorporate corn and beans into every simple salad recipe.
MEXICAN TACO RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
1. In a medium sized frying pan, over medium heat, brown the hamburger and then drain off the fat. Stir in 1/3 cup of the French dressing, the onion, salt, pepper and oregano and simmer on low for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, tomatoes, corn, beans, and just enough dressing to moisten. Toss until all ingredients appear to be evenly coated.
3. For each individual salad, serve the meat mixture over a large handful of tortilla chips. Layer this with the lettuce mixture and then let each person dress up their own dish with avocado slices, a sprinkling of cheese, some olives and a good large dollop of sour cream, as they prefer.
4. Alternatively, you can just place ALL the ingredients on the table and let everyone customize their own.
Mexican Taco Recipe Yield: This Recipe for Mexican Taco salad serves 8
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.