This Marinated Vegetable Salad recipe is an easy to prepare salad and is great for summer picnics and barbecues OR for any holiday gathering.
This mixed vegetable salad recipe makes a perfect side dish for almost any meal. The marinated vegetable ingredients pair well with any type of meat.
It is also a great addition to a holiday buffet table, as well as potlucks throughout the year.
Since the vegetable ingredients are marinated, this simple recipe can be made well in advance and refrigerated until needed. This vegetable recipe will keep up to 1 week in the refrigerator and just keeps getting better every day.
MARINATED VEGETABLE INGREDIENTS:
MARINATED DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
2 cups bottled Italian Dressing
1. In a large pot of boiling water add the vegetables and cook them for about 1-2 minutes, depending on how firm you want them.
2. Drain the vegetables and rinse them immediately with ice cold water. This stops the cooking process and sets the colour.
3. Allow them cool and completely drain. Note: the vegetables can be blanched the day before & kept in the refrigerator.
4. In a large serving bowl, combine the vegetable florets, carrots, bacon, sliced onion, and any other optional ingredients. Use a well sealed bowl - if preparing this salad ahead.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, and honey. When well combined whisk in the cider vinegar.
6. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss until all vegetables are well coated.
7. Cover and refrigerate your marinated vegetable recipe until serving.
Marinated Vegetable Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
This marinated vegetable recipe works equally well with just cauliflower OR broccoli.
This marinated salad keeps well for about a week and keeps getting more flavourful each day.
The "blanching" of the vegetables removes some of the crispness and enhances their colours so that they become easier to chew and is very eye-appealing. I find that blanched vegetables blend better with the other ingredients since they are then able to absorb more of the flavour of the dressing.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world