The ingredients in this Marinated Carrot Salad Recipe are few and that makes it easy to prepare. You can use store-bought Catalina dressing or make your own from the dressing recipe below.
This recipe version of a Marinated Carrot Salad makes an exceptional side dish and is also perfect for
picnics and barbecues. It is better made a few days in advance to allow for the vegetables to become properly marinated.
The reason for the "blanching" is to take some of
the hardness out of the carrots - this is especially important for
older people who may be wearing dentures.
• 8 cups (1920 ml) of mini carrot – blanched
• 1 green pepper – finely sliced
• 1 small red onion – finely sliced
DRESSING RECIPE - CATALINA
• 1 cup (240 ml) sugar
• 2 teaspoons 10 ml) salt
• 1 pinch paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) celery seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dry mustard
• Grated onions, to your taste
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) vinegar
• 2/3 cup (160 ml) ketchup
• 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable oil
Place all dressing recipe ingredients in a blender and mix well.
Recipe Yield: 2 cups of dressing
1. Combine all carrot salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
2. Prepare the Catalina dressing for the marinated carrot salad.
3. Combine the dressing with the ingredients.
4. Serve this recipe well chilled.
Recipe Yield: This Marinated Carrot Salad serves 8 – 10 as a side dish
This Marinated Carrot Salad is better the second day. The flavours have had a better chance to mingle and for the carrot pieces to become marinated.
Blanching the carrots also allow them to become marinated easier.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world