This Mandarin Orange Jello Recipe is soo tasty and it is thicker than just jello. The rich texture in this simple fruit salad recipe comes from combining the orange jello powder with tapioca powder to create a thicker and creamier consistency.
The addition of the mandarin orange pieces and mini marshmallows to this recipe contribute to the varying textures for a pleasing taste effect.
This is one simple salad recipe everyone will enjoy.
• 2 cup (500ml) boiling water
• 1 cup (250 ml) cold water OR 2 cups (500 ml) ice cubes (optional)
• 1 small box orange Jello mix
• 1 small box instant tapioca pudding mix – vanilla
• 2 small cans mandarin oranges – drained
• 1 cup (250 ml) mini marshmallows
1. Mix the boiling water with the Orange Jello and tapioca pudding powders.
2. Quick set method: Add the ice cubes and stir until it starts to become syrupy – immediately remove any remaining ice cube pieces.
3. Normal method: Add 1 cup cold water, stir.
4. Place in refrigerator for about 1 hour, until mixture begins to thicken, sort of like a gravy consistency.
5. Stir in the mini marshmallows, and then add the drained mandarin orange.
6. If you want to put the jello mixture into individual bowls or glasses - do it now, before it sets too firm.
7. Return to refrigerator and chill until completely set.
Yield: This recipe makes 4 servings
- that the natural chemicals in a mandarin orange can help protect your body cells from radiation damage
- that the juice from a mandarin orange can help free congested lungs from mucus
- that mandarins can increase appetite and improve your over-all body metabolism
- that mandarins can help prevent internal infections caused by bacteria
- that a mandarin orange can help cure dysentery
- that mandarins contain lots of vitamins (notably Vitamin C) and minerals.