Back in the day - this Mandarin Ambrosia Recipe was the most common, since yogurt and whipped cream were not widely available.
Canned fruit such as mandarin oranges and pineapple were the most popular.
Sooo, working with what they had, the people developed this simple recipe for an easy dessert which became world famous.
Collect all the recipe ingredients for the Mandarin Ambrosia.
1. Drain the can of mandarin oranges
2. Drain the can of pineapple tidbits.
3. Blend the sour cream with the shredded coconut.
4. Add the marshmallows to the sour cream mix and combine.
5. Add the drained fruit and mix well.
6. Serve the ambrosia in wine glasses or bowls.
Recipe Yield: This recipe for Mandarin Ambrosia serves 6
1. Other canned fruits can be substituted for the mandarin and pineapple tidbits in this ambrosia recipe.
2. Cover and refrigerate your ambrosia if not serving right away.
3. You could also use the lite version of the sour cream to make this mandarin recipe less decadent.