In this Macaroon Fruit Dip the combination of the coconut from the macaroon pieces and the brown sugar really creates a sensational dip.
With only 3 ingredients, this easy dip can be prepared quickly.
So quick & easy to prepare, yet the flavour is great.
This simple macaroon dip recipe needs to be made ahead, for the macaroon pieces to soften properly, which is a time saver when preparing for company.
As a fruit dip, it can be served with nearly any fresh fruit or it can be dolloped on a fruit salad recipe.
1. Blend together the crumbled macaroon pieces, the brown sugar and the sour cream until evenly mixed.
2. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the macaroon pieces to soften. Do not stir before serving. Serve with any assortment of prepared fresh fruit.
Yield: Makes about 3 cups (750 ml)
Note Must be prepared ahead
- that coconut was first added to the traditional European macaroon recipe, in the United States.
- that coconut, with its numerous vitamins is extremely good for you.
- that the Spanish explorers named the coconut with "coco" in Spanish meaning "monkey face".
- that the basic recipe for coconut macaroons has only 3 ingredients: egg whites, sugar and shredded coconut.
- that coconut and coconut oil is used world-wide to treat various ailments and diseases.
- that coconut oil is used in the production of cosmetics, shampoo, skin cleaner and body wash, just to name a few.
- that coconut macaroons, as well as coconut oil are now being touted as a diarrhea relief, especially for people with Crohn's Disease or Irritable Bowel Symptom.