Any Lobster Salad recipe is quick and easy to prepare. You don't need many ingredients or any fancy ones. You can even make this simple seafood recipe with imitation lobster or canned lobster.
One point to remember is that lobster is very filling, so you will not need much for each person.
Fresh fruit or vegetables are a great accompaniment to lobster, so that gives you a great choice in the recipe preparation.
If you are planning to serve this simple salad recipe as a lunch - fresh fruit is good, but for a light dinner - perhaps vegetables would be a better choice.
Anyway you choose to make it - it is a good meal.
• 1 cup (240 ml) cooked lobster, canned, fresh or imitation
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
• 1/2 cup (60 ml) thinly sliced & diced celery
• 1/3 cup ( 80 ml) real mayonnaise
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) salt
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) green onion, finely chopped
• dash of pepper
• salad greens
• 1/2 cucumber, sliced & halved
• 1 pkg cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Cut or break lobster meat into small pieces and place into a medium sized bowl. Sprinkle lobster meat with the lemon juice.
2. Add the prepared celery, green onion, salt and pepper. Gently stir in the mayonnaise. Chill thoroughly.
3. Arrange plates with lettuce in the center, cucumbers around the outside and tomato halves in between the cucumber slices.
4. Spoon the lobster salad onto the mixed greens, in the center.
5. Serve with an additional wedge of lemon, if you prefer.
Recipe Yield: This Lobster Recipe serves 4.
Optional Recipe Variations:
Fruit: - Leave out the green onion
- substitute sliced avocado for the cucumber and tomato.
- substitute mandarin or orange segments for the fruit
Vegetables: Leave in the green onion
- substitute blanched broccoli or cauliflower florets with carrot sticks for the cucumber and tomato
- substitute sweet pepper rings in different colours for vegetables
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world