Nothing could be easier than this Lemony Arugula Salad Recipe. This simple salad recipe is quick and easy to prepare and tasty too. A nice refreshing lemony salad for a hot summer day, or anytime year-round.
There is no extra mixing to create the lemony dressing either – however – if
you choose, you could use your favourite (preferably tart) vinaigrette
instead of the oil and lemon juice.
The slight peppery taste of the arugula in this green salad recipe blends very nicely with the tart lemony flavour and is offset by the sweetness of the raisins. A totally great combination.
• 4 cups (1000 ml) Baby Arugula
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) Raisins
• 4 tsp (20 ml) Slivered almonds (optional)
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) Parmesan cheese
Lemony Dressing Ingredients:
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) Lemon juice
• Salt & Pepper
1. Prepare the arugula if required.
2. Place into a medium-sized bowl
3. Add the oil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper. Toss to coat the arugula with the lemony dressing.
4. Taste test – adjust the seasonings of your Lemony Arugula to your preference.
5. Top with the raisins, slivered almonds and Parmesan cheese.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Recipe Yield: This Lemony Arugula serves 4
- that Arugula contains more vitamins and minerals than iceberg lettuce or Romaine.
- that Arugula is better for allowing calcium to be absorbed by our bodies than other leafy greens.
- that the health benefits of Arugula include boosting our immune system plus aiding in the prevention of cancer.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world