This Lemon Rice Pudding is not what you would expect from it's name. It is not a pucker-up tart dessert pudding. It is an amazingly sweet simple salad recipe with just a subtle hint of the lemon tartness. Although this dessert pudding is absolutely perfect for a hot summer day, it is also a refreshing dessert after a large meal.
This simple rice pudding dessert compliments any meal and is a very refreshing finale.
Being a member of the fruit family, this simple fruit salad/rice pudding combo recipe is also a healthy alternative for a breakfast or snack.
• 2 cups ( 500 ml) pre-cooked rice
• 1 ½ cups (370 ml) milk
• ¼ cup (60 ml) sugar
• 1 cup (250 ml) vanilla yogurt
• 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
• 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
• 1 tbsp ( 15 ml) lemon peel, finely grated
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon peel, coarsely grated
• 6 dollops whipped cream
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1. In a saucepan, bring milk, rice, and sugar to a slow boil, over medium heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching and to break up any rice lumps. When desired consistency is achieved – remove from heat. Cool.
2. Stir in the yogurt, almond extract, lemon juice, and fine lemon zest. Mix well.
3. Spoon evenly into 6 small bowls or glasses.
4. Top with a dollop of whipping cream and garnish with the coarse lemon zest and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
5. Refrigerate your creation until serving time.
Pudding Yield: Makes 6 servings.
1. Taste test the rice pudding before spooning it into the glasses or bowls - you may want to increase the sugar or lemon juice, to your preference.
2. You can use artificial sweetener, low-fat yogurt and low fat whipped cream if you prefer.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.