This Layered Taco Salad Recipe is from a BBQ we attended last summer.
WELL - the line-up that formed to get at this simple layered appetizer was crazy! It tasted fabulous and no one wanted to leave the table area.
I just knew I had to get this layered taco recipe to share it with you all.
A really quick and easy recipe, this Layered Taco Salad will feed a crowd.
Just a side note - be sure to place this layered taco salad in an area where there is lots of room - because no-one seems to want to wander too far away from it.
LAYERED TACO INGREDIENTS:
1. Brown the hamburger and the chopped onion until cooked. Drain off the fat. Add the taco seasoning and mix it all together.
2. Empty the cans of refried beans onto the bottom of a large platter, glass bowl or cake pan. Spread them out evenly. Follow this with a layer of the browned hamburger mix.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the 3 jars of salsa together and then pour this over the hamburger, spreading it out.
4. Over the salsa sprinkle the shredded cheese, and then carefully spread the sour cream over that.
5. Spread the shredded lettuce over the sour cream leaving an opening in the middle.
6. Sprinkle the olives over the lettuce.
6. Put the diced tomatoes inside the opening, and the diced green onions over that.
7. Serve this layered Taco recipe with the bag of Tostitos along side.
LAYERED TACO RECIPE YIELD: This Layered Taco salad will feed 20 people.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world