An enticing & colourful Layered Salad Recipe is welcome at any gathering. The ingredients are layered in a glass bowl providing some culinary art and eye-appeal to the table. The fact that it is entirely prepared a day ahead saves time on the festive occasion day. That is why this layered salad is also commonly known as "Overnight Salad Recipe".
This simple recipe has seven layers. Some are lettuce, vegetables, and dressing.
This layered recipe method includes everything you need, all in one bowl. No muss or fussing with salad dressing bottles.
You just let the eaters dig in with some tongs and grab what they want. A simple green salad recipe.
1. Mix the mayonnaise and white sugar together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate til needed.
2. Layer the rest of the recipe ingredients evenly spread out, in the following order:
shredded iceberg lettuce on the bottom
shredded or grated cheese
3. Remove the dressing from the frig. and spread it evenly over the top of the salad.
4. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon evenly over the dressing and top off with the diced green onions.
5. Cover the bowl and refrigerate your layered salad creation overnight.
Yield: This recipe serves 8
1. To make this layered salad more low-cal, you could use the low-fat mayonnaise.
2. To speed up the recipe preparation - you can use pre-cooked bacon and then just dice it up.
3. You can also purchase bagged lettuce that is already washed, dried and pre-cut.
4. You can also buy pre-shredded cheese to save yourself further time.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world