To prepare this Layered Jello Recipe requires only 4 simple
ingredients. You could even leave out the fruits and use just the jello
and still create a stunning layered dessert, suitable for any holiday or family
Here I have chosen to serve this Layered Jello Recipe in wine
glasses, as a "parfait". This way I can show off the colours in their layered style,
which adds eye appeal to the table setting. Also, when something looks
good, people tend to eat it.
Children and adults alike, all love a nice refreshing dessert recipe with ANY meal.
Layered Recipe Ingredients:
1. Drain the fruit cocktail - reserving the liquid. Cover the fruits and refrigerate.
2. Prepare the 2 packages of jello, according to the package instructions, in separate bowls. Use the reserved fruit juice as part of the cold water for the jello mixes.
3. Cool the jello in the refrigerator until thick (like a cold gravy or pudding consistency)
4. Divide the fruits among the 2 jello bowls and stir in gently.
5. Layer the jello, cool whip, jello, cool whip, in the cold glasses. Immediately refrigerate until completely set.
6. Serve this recipe for Layered Jello to smiling faces.
Layered Recipe Tips:
1. Refrigerate your wine/parfait glasses so that they do not liquify the jello when you are assembling them.
2. You can use different flavours (colours) for different events, such as: orange & blueberry for Halloween, cherry, blueberry for July 4, Cherry (or raspberry) for Canada Day, Lime & Cherry for Christmas, etc.
1. Sugar-free Jello is a healthy dessert and so are fruits - to make this recipe for layered jello into a totally healthy dessert, choose a low-fat version of Cool Whip.
2. Try and choose a healthier version of canned fruits as well - such as : packed in water - not in sugared syrup or juice.
3. You can also choose to use fresh fruits for this recipe, especially when they are in season. Berries are an excellent source of many vitamins and are full of antioxidants too. These go very well with jello.
For information and tips on how to prepare the perfect jello dessert read
You will also find info on molds, layers, mousse etc.