This Jello Cottage Cheese Recipe will have your kids eating their cottage cheese in no time and begging for more.
The fruity flavours combined with the chunks of mandarin and mini marshmallows, create a fun dessert that is healthy and nutritious.
This simple fruit salad recipe can also be served as a side dish (without the marshmallows), alongside any meal.
Another really good point about this simple salad recipe is that it does not require any "setting" and can be served (eaten) right away.
You can try this recipe and substitute your favourite Jello flavour and fruit.
• 1 small package orange Jello
• 1 (16-oz.) (500 ml) carton cottage cheese
• 1 (8-oz.) (250 ml) container Cool Whip
• 1 can mandarin oranges, cut in half and drained
• 1 cup (250 ml) mini marshmallows
1. In a medium sized bowl, mix the dry Jello powder with the cottage cheese until all the jello crystals are dissolved.
2. Add the mandarin orange pieces and fold in the Cool Whip and mini marshmallows.
3. Cover and keep cold until ready to serve.
4. Serve in bowls or in wine glasses.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
1. This dessert can be eaten right away and does not need to “set” like normal jello.
2. This can also be served as a side dish alongside a meal, without the mini marshmallows.
We already know how good Jello is for us but what about cottage cheese? Did you know:
- that Cottage cheese in its natural form is low in fat, but is also available in low-fat and non-fat forms.
- that Cottage Cheese contains protein, calcium, and iron.
- that cottage cheese is recommended for people with high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- that it is also beneficial for those who want to exclude additives from their diet, since cottage cheese has none.