How to Prepare Berries
Everyone needs to know How to prepare berries safely and easily.
Before we start - you need to choose your berries from the grocer's or Farm Market. Pick packages or containers that have brightly coloured berries that are nearly uniform in size.
Now we are ready to begin to prepare them for eating.
- Empty the berries that you want to prepare into a colander.
- By hand, sort through them to remove any blemished, rotten or mushy berries, that you would not want to prepare.
- Rinse the berries with cold water to remove any dirt or contaminants and allow them to drain.
- Gently remove them onto a few layers of paper towels.
- Keep an eye open for any more "bad" ones.
- With more paper towels, pat the berries gently, to dry them.
- To properly prepare them, you need to roll them, very gently, so any water is drained from the hull holes.
- Place your berries in a clean bowl.
- Now they are ready for a simple fruit recipe.
Now you know How to Prepare Berries, safely and easily, for your recipes.
Need some new recipe ideas? Click on the pictures to the right for these recipes.
Go to Simply Salads Home Page from How to Prepare Berries
copyright 2011 - 2013 simply-salads.com
by Noreen Loos