Oh Ya - this Hot Deviled Eggs Recipe is HOT. You can make it milder by cutting down on the mustard but there are many people who love it, just the way it is. If your family loves HOT foods - they will love this recipe too.
The addition of sugar in the recipe ingredients helps to temper some of the heat - or does it just mask it ? - until your taste buds are hit.
Let me know which you think it is.
• 6 eggs – hard boiled
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) spicy brown mustard
• 1 tsp (5 ml) hot mustard
• 1 tsp (5 ml) white sugar
• salt & pepper to taste
• paprika for garnish (optional)
• 6 pimento-stuffed green olives - cut in half for garnish
1. Crack the shells on the eggs and remove the shells.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut each egg in half, length-wise.
3. Gently, pry out the yolks and place them into a small bowl. Set the whites aside for now.
4. To the yolks - add the mayonnaise, the spicy brown mustard, the hot mustard and the sugar. Mix it all together - mashing up any lumps - to form a smooth paste.
5. Taste test your hot recipe mixture - add the salt & pepper to your taste and adjust the hot recipe ingredients.
6. Using an ordinary small coffee spoon, place spoonfuls of this hot recipe mix into the whites.
7. Garnish with a dash of paprika and the stuffed olive halves.
Recipe Yield: 12 Hot Deviled Eggs