This Horseradish Deviled Eggs Recipe is for REAL men. A perfect appetizer recipe for a Tailgate Party or watching the Superbowl. You can make it really strong or leave it mild - it all depends on your taste.
As you can see, the colour of these deviled eggs is a bit different than usual. This is from the horseradish and ground mustard in the recipe ingredients.
If you are leery about how strong you would like the horseradish taste - just make it with half the amount suggested in the recipe and then adjust it during the taste test.
• 6 hard-boiled eggs
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) prepared horseradish
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) dill weed
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) ground mustard
• Dash of salt & pepper
• Paprika for garnish
1. Crack the shells on the eggs and remove the shells.
2. With a sharp knife, cut each egg in half - length-wise.
3. Gently remove the egg yolks and put them into a small,bowl. Set the egg whites aside for now.
4. Add the remaining recipe ingredients (except the paprika) to the yolks and blend really well to form as smooth a paste as possible. Mash and yolk lumps with a fork.
5. Taste test the horseradish recipe mix and adjust the seasonings.
6. Using a plain kitchen teaspoon, place heaping spoonfuls into each egg white.
7. Garnish with a dash of paprika.
Recipe Yield: 12 Horseradish deviled eggs