This Ham Pineapple Pasta Salad Recipe is a perfect easy pasta salad recipe for using up left-over ham from a holiday dinner. Plus it creates a complete Dinner Salad – great for lunch or a light supper. I love this simple ham pasta salad recipe in the summer when it’s too hot to cook.
The combination of the slightly salty ham with the sweet pineapple
has been a favourite for generations. Now we can have it cold in a
simple ham pasta salad recipe.
The additional ingredients add crunch, flavour and texture to the salad.
The mayonnaise dressing (recipe below) pairs very well with the ham and pineapple.
• 1 ½ cups (360 ml) – dry rotini
• 1 ½ cup (360 ml) cooked ham – chopped in bite-sized pieces
• 1 can kernel corn – drained OR 1 cup (240 ml) frozen corn – thawed
• 1 cup pineapple – cubed OR 1 small can pineapple tidbits – drained
• ½ cup (120 ml) celery – diced
• ½ cup (120 ml) red pepper – seeded & diced
• ½ cup (120 ml) green onions – diced
• 1 tsp (5 ml) dill weed
• Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
• 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp. (15 ml) vinegar
• 1 tsp. (5 ml) onion powder
• 1/4 tsp. (1.25 ml) pepper
• 1/4 tsp. (1.25 ml) dried dill weed
1. In a large pot of boiling water cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and hold under cold running water and then allow to drain completely and cool.
2. Prepare the remaining ingredients as outlined above.
3. Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by blending all the ingredients til smooth.
4. Place all the vegetables, ham and pineapple into a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the cooled pasta and then add the dressing.
5. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or over-night.
Yield: Serves 8
1. You can use store bought ham from the Deli if you don’t have left-over ham.
2. If you don’t like pineapple – you can substitute a can of mandarin oranges.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.