This Ham Fruit Salad Recipe is from Poland and is commonly made to use up left-over ham, or any other type of left-over meat. Although this easy and simple salad recipe calls for mixed fruit – practically any type of seasonal fruit can be used.
I used a store bought prepared mix of melons which had cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew already cut up.
I added a few strawberries and blueberries I had in the frig.
I tossed the fruit & ham with a Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing before serving on a bed of Mixed Greens.
• 1 cup (240 ml) cooked ham - cubed
• 1 (10-ounce) package mixed spring greens
• 2 cups (500 ml) mixed fruit – cubed into bite-sized pieces
• 4 oz (120 ml) Polish honey cheese OR Mozzarella cheese – cubed
• 4 tbsp (60 ml) Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing OR Orange Vinaigrette (see below)
Orange Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup (670 ml) orange juice
• 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) white-wine vinegar
• 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) poppy seeds
• 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) salt
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the fruit and ham ingredients and toss to mix well.
2. Omit this step if using a bottled dressing. In a screw-top mason jar, combine all the dressing ingredients. Screw the lid on tightly & shake vigorously. Taste test the dressing and adjust salt if necessary.
3. Pour the dressing over the fruit and ham - toss well so that all pieces of ham and fruit are covered.
4. Serve this ham fruit salad recipe over a bed of Mixed Greens right away or refrigerate til needed.
Yield: Serves 4
1. Any types of fruit can be substituted, even canned ones (well drained).
2. You can use your favourite cheese instead of Polish Honey Cheese.
3. You can even use left-over roast beef, pork, chicken or turkey.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.