This Grasshopper Parfait Recipe does not use the traditional creme de menthe or creme de cacao. It is alcohol free - so it is safe for children of all ages.
The minty flavour comes from mint extract and the green colour comes from food colouring.
The grasshopper has nothing to do with it.
I prefer easy and simple recipes so this one fits right in with only 6 ingredients and no cooking required. Just chasing a grasshopper around the kitchen (haha).
Grasshopper Recipe Ingredients:
1. Crumble 1 brownie into the bottom of each of 4 parfait glasses.
2. Mix the 1 cup of yogurt with 1 cup of Cool Whip. Add a few drops of green food colouring and few drops of mint extract. Stir well to combine.
3. Place 2 Tbsp (30 ml) of the green mixture over top of the crumbled brownies.
4. Next - crumble 3 brownies into each parfait glass, over top of the green mixture.
5. Scoop another 2 Tbsp (30 ml) over that.
6. Add a generous dollop of uncoloured Cool whip to the top of each Grasshopper parfait, a few green sugar sprinkles and a sprig of fresh mint leaves.
7.Refrigerate each parfait until serving time.
8. Ignore the grasshopper.
Recipe Yield: 4 Grasshopper parfaits