I made this Funky Fruit Jello Recipe in parfait style but it can easily be made in a mold. Either way - it is a simple fruit jello recipe and makes a great funky dessert.
Using lemon jello for clarity and canned fruit cocktail, it becomes a very simple salad recipe.
The creamy jello is simple to make by mixing "unset" or liquid jello with Cool Whip and then allowing it to "stiffen".
The creamy jello doesn't ever "set" like jello but instead becomes "stiffer", yet remains "spoonable", to serve over the rest of the dish.
I like the lemon jello for it's refreshing flavour but you can try this with other jello flavours, just note that others will also change the colour of the creamed jello.
1. Dissolve both jello powders in the boiling water until completely dissolved.
2. Add ice cubes and stir until the liquid begins to thicken - remove any ice cube pieces left over.
3. Drain the canned fruit cocktail.
4. Divide the fruit cocktail evenly among 4 wine glasses.
5. Pour the jello over the fruit cocktail, just until the fruit begins to float, about half of the glass full.
6. Mix the Cool Whip with the remainder of the jello with a wire whisk until completely smooth and creamy.
7. Place the wine glasses in the refrigerator to "set"
8. Place the bowl of creamy jello in the refrigerator to stiffen.
9. After about 2 hours (depending on the temperature of your refrigerator) you can spoon the stiffened creamy jello on top of the "set" jello in the wine glasses. Divide it evenly among the 4 glasses.
10. Keep your Funky Jello refrigerated until ready to serve.
Yield: This recipe for Funky Jello serves 4 large wine glasses
1. You can use the juice from the fruit cocktail by combining it with the boiling water amount for a total of 2 cups (500 ml).
2. You can vary the funky jello flavour and the canned fruit. Orange flavoured jello works well with canned mandarin oranges.
3. You can use frozen fruit for your funky jello, also, just thaw first and measure about 2 cups (500 ml) of thawed fruit.
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world