This Fresh Fruit Parfait Recipe has all the goodness of fresh fruit, plus granola, yogurt, and a dollop of "Nutella" for a nice choco-nutty surprise.
The combinations for this parfait are simply layered into ordinary wine glasses to make an elegant presentation for a dinner finale.
The crunchy granola with the smooth sweet texture of the fresh fruit in this simple fruit salad recipe goes well with the creamy yogurt which is all highlighted by the choco-nutty flavour of the "Nutella".
By substituting low-fat yogurt and low-fat cool whip - you can create a very healthy parfait dessert recipe.
You can even switch up some of the fresh fruits in this recipe for your favourites instead.
This simple fresh fruit parfait is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Parfait Recipe Ingredients:
1. Mix together the vanilla yogurt and cool whip. Set aside in the refrigerator to stiffen.
2. Meanwhile - prepare the fruit. Wash all blueberries, grapes and strawberries and cut to size.
3. Peel and dice the cantaloupe, honeydew and pineapple.
4. Mix all the fruit together in a bowl, except the strawberries and 16 plump blueberries.
5. To assemble - put 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of granola in the bottom of each of 4 large wine glasses.
6. Next add 1 tbsp. (15 ml) of "Nutella". Cover this with 1/4 cup of the yogurt/whipped cream mixture.
7. Now add the fruit - to just below the rim of the glass.
8. Add the remaining "Nutella", divided among the four glasses.
9. Layer 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of granola and top with the remaining whipped cream/yogurt mixture.
10. To complete the Fresh Fruit Parfait recipe, decorate the top with the strawberry pieces and the plump blueberries.
11. Serve your parfait immediately or refrigerate until needed.
Parfait Recipe Yield: Makes 4 large parfaits
1. To dry the berries & grapes, I put them on a few layers of paper towels and gently roll them around. See my NEW picture tutorial on How to Prepare Berries.
2. You may have some fresh fruit left-over, which can be eaten as a fruit salad or saved (in the refrigerator) for the next day.
3. Since it is difficult to buy just a slice of fresh fruit - it is a lot more efficient to purchase a small fruit salad from the fresh fruit counter in your grocer's produce section. This will also speed up the preparation process.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.