For your Holiday Table, this Festive Green Salad Recipe, will decorate plus entice. A great fresh salad is always welcome at any holiday table and prepares the palate and stomach for the remaining courses. By making the salad look appetizing it will appeal to more people.
The colours alone in this Festive Green Salad, are Christmasy
and the flavours are reminiscent of Christmases long ago when citrus
fruits were the main festive treat.
This is just a simple salad recipe, for a basic green salad, all dressed up for the holidays.
To top off your festive salad you can offer your guests a few varieties of fruit flavoured vinaigrettes.
• 5 oz (142 gr) of Spring Mix pre-packaged salad
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) red onion - thinly sliced
• 1 can mandarin oranges – drained
• 1/3 English cucumber – thinly sliced & halved
• 1/4 cup (60 ml)craisins (or raisins if you don’t have craisins)
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) slivered almonds
• 6 – 8 thin slices of red sweet pepper for garnish
1. Place Spring mix in medium sized bowl – for presentation a glass bowl is nicer.
2. Layer the drained mandarin oranges over the salad mix.
3. Next, layer the red onions slices over the mandarin oranges.
4. Add the English cucumber sections, distributing them evenly.
5. Sprinkle the craisins, evenly over the cucumbers
6. Sprinkle the slivered almonds over the craisins
7. Garnish with the sweet red pepper slices.
8. Serve with a few varieties of flavoured vinaigrettes for your guests to choose from.
Yield: Makes 6 – 8 servings
1. This festive recipe can be easily doubled to serve more guests.
2. You could substitute fresh mandarin oranges for the canned ones but you would need to peel and segment them.
3. You could substitute canned pineapple chunks (drained) or sliced peaches (drained – plus you will need to cut them into smaller bite size pieces).
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world