An Egg Salad Recipe whether it is going to be used for a sandwich filler or for canapes, is a healthy alternative to many other choices available.
Try this recipe on different types of bread, such as pumpernickel or rye bread.
There are many versions of egg salad - so I am going to give you the basic simple salad recipe plus a list of optional additional ingredients which you can add to customize the flavour to YOUR liking.
My family's favourite egg salad sandwich recipe is with ALL the options.
1. Dice the hard boiled eggs & place in a bowl
2. Add the mayo, mustard & chives/onions
3. Add whatever other ingredients you choose
4. Mix well (I use a small potato masher because my family prefers their egg salad to be creamier, rather than chunky)
5. Spread on sandwich & top with lettuce (if desired)
Yield 4 thick sandwiches
- that eggs are great for preventing degeneration in our eyes
- that researchers have found that people who eat an egg a day lower their risk of developing cataracts
- that eggs contain high-quality protein and essential amino acids
- that according to another study, a daily egg consumption may help prevent blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks
- that the nutrients in eggs help to regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system
- that eggs are one of the only foods that naturally contain vitamin D
- that a daily intake of eggs may prevent breast cancer
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world