This delightful Edamame Garden Salad Recipe provides protein as well as fiber and vitamins from the vegetables. This easy bean salad recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, using fresh ingredients. This is also a great simple recipe for using up left-over corn from that corn roast and fresh vegetables from the garden or Farmer’s Market.
In the Summer time I usually shop at Farmer’s Markets to get the freshest and most flavourful vegetables. The only problem I have is that I usually buy too much. Well here is a great way to use them up and create a new healthy and hearty side dish.
The celery and carrots add a nice crunchy texture to the mix.
The recommended Asian vinaigrette is slightly sweet which offsets the blandness of the edamame.
1.A If using frozen - cook edamame as per package directions - drain & rinse with cold running water.
1.B If using canned edamame – be sure to drain and rinse well to remove any sodium from the preservative.
2. In a medium-sized bowl – combine all the salad ingredients and mix well.
3. Add salad dressing and mix to coat all vegetables.
4. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Stir before serving.
Yield: Serves 4 as a side dish
1. This salad tastes even better the second day, when flavours have had a chance to blend together. It also means that you can prepare this salad in advance and just keep it refrigerated.
2. You can substitute any colour of sweet pepper in this Edamame Garden Salad Recipe.
3. If you don’t have any green onions, yellow or white will do – finely diced.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.