This East Coast Pasta Salad Recipe was contributed by Brenda from Sussex, New Brunswick, Canada. I got this recipe from her when she was visiting from the East Coast, a few years ago. Ever since then I have been making it quite often throughout the summer months. Brenda says she got the recipe from her mother, who got it from her mother - so it has been passed down from generation to generation AND now it is on the internet for everyone to enjoy.
This simple pasta salad recipe has become a favourite around here, in Ontario as well as New Brunswick, and other parts of the East Coast. It is enjoyed by children and adults alike because of its sweet, yet tangy flavours. I make this salad a lot. It is a very quick and simple salad recipe. This East Coast Pasta Salad Recipe is also a great hit at family gatherings and neighbourhood BBQs.
1. combine all food ingredients in a large bowl & mix together.
2. Add dressing to suit & mix again.
3. Serve your East Coast Pasta right away or store in the refrigerator.
Yield Serves 8 -10
1. Left-over cold meat such as ham, chicken, even canned tuna can be added to make this a east coast meal-in-one dish.
2. Do not prepare this the day before a BBQ or neighbourhood gathering since the coloured pasta turns different colours from the dressing. You can mix everything except the dressing, in advance and then just add the dressing when ready to serve.
3. You can vary some of the vegetables, such as canned peas can be substituted for the canned corn, or plain pasta can be used instead of coloured.
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.