As with any recipe, they vary from country to country and this Cucumber au Vinaigrette Recipe is no different. This French version is very easy and simple to prepare and can be made ahead by a few hours.
The vinaigrette requires no extra mixing.
• 1 large seedless cucumber - thinly sliced
• 1 Tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh dill, basil or green onion (choose 1)
• 2 Tbsp (30 ml) seasoned rice vinegar
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all the recipe and vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and toss to evenly coat the cucumber slices with the vinaigrette.
2. Serve immediately, or prepare it up to a few hours in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator until needed.
This vinaigrette style recipe goes particularly well with roast beef - see The Meat Source for recipes on how to cook that perfect roast.
RECIPE YIELD: this recipe for Cucumber au Vinaigrette serves 4
Green Side Dishes: such as fresh Garden Salads
Cold Pasta : such as a Classic Macaroni
Fruits: such as a Berry Salad
Dips & Dressings for fruits
Fruit Parfaits are simply fruit & other ingredients served elegantly.
Vegetables: such as Marinated Vegetables
Home Made Dressings
Sandwiches: such as Egg Salad
Seafood Recipes such as the Neptune Salad
Tacos for your family or a large group.
Easter Salad Recipes from around the world