This Creamy Vinaigrette Recipe produces a rich, and creamy textured vinaigrette that can turn a simple salad recipe into an elegant dish.
What I really like about this creamy salad dressing recipe is that I can change the flavours every week just by substituting different fruit juices or herbs.
I can use whatever I have on hand and it still turns out great.
1. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the liquid - start with 2 Tbsp (30 ml).
2. Whisking constantly, drizzle the canola oil, one tsp (5 ml) at a time (this forms an emulsion). Start with 1/3 cup (80 ml) of oil.
3. If you want a thicker, more creamy dressing, add more oil a little at a time. If you'd like to thin it out, add more liquid.
4. Add your choice of flavourings, plus some salt and pepper.
5. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
6. Store your creamy vinaigrette in an tightly sealed jar or container in the refrigerator. Will keep for one week.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup
- that canola oil is one of the healthiest cooking oils
- that it is low in saturated fat but is very high in the healthy unsaturated fats
- that substituting canola oil for other oils in your diet is an easy way to help you eat healthier
- that canola oil can be used for cooking, in making salad dressings, for coating cooking pans and grills, in recipes
Picnics & Tailgate Parties
Welcome to my salad site. My name is Noreen.
Two of the many questions I get asked (nothing to do with salads) is why and how I built this website. So I thought I would put those answers right up front for everyone to read, so I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself.
1. Why I built this site.
I built this site to share...........
2. How I built this site.
I signed up with a company............
3. Do I earn Money with this website.
Yes I do........
4. Can Anyone do it.
Anyone that can read...........
If you prefer to talk to someone about SBI, click here.